runaz

runaz

Ambushed!: A Cartoon History of the George W. Bush Administration
Jim Morin

If I Stay

If I Stay - Gayle Forman If I Stay was kind of a frustrating read. I had heard all the hype about the book, and with the upcoming author event, was feeling pressured to like the book. As I kept reading, though, the book dragged me in, and I ended up finishing it up in a single sitting. The music references were a bit overwhelming at times, even though you don't really need to understand them, unless you want an enhanced reading experience. Adam is pretty much that perfect boy, which, you can have your complaints about him being a two-dimensional character, but all of those complaints are thrown out the window when you read Where She Went, which is entirely written in Adam's perspective. I'm not going to lie, the whole premise of getting to choose whether she'd live or die seemed a bit medically iffy, although it made for convenient storytelling. The book picks up with a beautiful conclusion, and even though I found it difficult to personally relate to, I did see why it would be a book that would strongly resonate with its readers.